I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Sara's Soft Sugar Cookies

1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 round tsp baking powder
1 cup melted shortening
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
4 3/4 cup flour

Beat sour cream & soda. Add sugar & beat. Add eggs, salt, vanilla, & shortening; beat well. Sift remaining ingredients & add. Bake on UNGREASED cookie sheet at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes.

Frosting:
3/4 bag powdered sugar
3 Tablespoon shortening
1 tsp vanilla
Mix and add milk until desired stiffness

I like to just buy regular already made cream cheese frosting at the store for these too. :):) I always mix food coloring in too, to make whatever coloring of frosting I want for the respective Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment