I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Mexican Rice With Milk

I got this recipe when I worked for Mike and Kenny. The cook would make this occasionally and it would be gone by the end of the night. So YUMMY!!!! This can be served plain, with cool whip or over vanilla ice cream.

1 c. rice, NOT instant or quick cook
3 c. water
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. milk

In large sauce pan combine all ingredients except milk. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Boil continuously until rice is tender, about an hour. After rice is tender add milk and boil again for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment