I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tempura Chicken or shrimp

1 egg
2/3 c. ice water (it has to be ice water or the batter will be lumpy)
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. chicken breast cut into bite size cubes or shrimp
Oil for frying

Heat oil in cast iron skillett or fryer to 350*. Mix the ice water and egg until just blended. Add remaining ingredients mixing well after adding flour and corstarch. Dip the chicken in the batter and then into the fryer. The batter will be runny and it will look like it doesn't coat the chicken but when you put it in the  fryer it the batter will puff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment