I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Spinach??
How to use spinach while I'm cooking??? Hmmmm................ I bought a big container of spinach at Costco the other day and then I was stuck wondering how to use it. I sat there at the kitchen table looking at it like it was a big pile of reject that someone had given me. So after experimenting with it for the last couple weeks I decided that spinach is very versatile. I used it in lasagna, salad, cold and grilled sandwiches, navajo taco's, chicken alfredo, pasta salad, vanilla yogurt, malibu chicken, and brownies. Yep! And all of it was amazing! :) When grilling sandwiches use your non-stick cooking spray instead of butter or margarine. You will save alot of calories and fat, and it tastes just as good! Experimenting with spinach was kind of fun and definately got interesting. Let me know where you add your spinach!! :)
Labels:
Bits and Pieces
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your blog Laraine. I don't cook to much any more, but all recipes look good. Very good ideas with spinach, but yogurt, come on really!
ReplyDeleteThanks Annette! I appreciate my huge group of followers! But, as far as the yogurt..... YEP!! REALLY!!! I put a handfull of spinach in my food processor and added about a tablespoon to my cup of yogurt, and used the rest in my brownines. Spinach doesn't always have to be used as whole leaves, and I'm finding this out quickly. :) This morning I plan to add some to my kids oatmeal! :) we'll see how that works out.....
ReplyDelete