I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shannon's Dutch Oven Coke Chicken

I cooked this tonight for myself and the 3 little ones, YUM! The chicken was sooo tender and had such a great flavor to it. Cutler is not a very good eater but, he really dug into this! It was also tender enough that Trent had no problems with it. Also, I cooked it in my crock-pot on low for 2 hours because of time and convenience. I also cut the recipe in half.  

2 pounds chicken breast, cut into pieces
1 can coca-cola or other cola (not diet though)
1 - 12 ounce bottle of ketchup
1 pounds baby carrots
2 pounds small red potatoes, cut in half

Place chicken and vegetables into your Dutch oven. Mix the coke and ketchup and pour over the top. With a 12-inch Dutch oven you'll place 12 coals under and 12 coals on top. Cook for about 1 hour or until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment