I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Almost Famous Pumpkin Rolls

2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 tsp. salt
9 eggs
3 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin (NOT pie filling)

FILLING:
1 pkg cream cheese 8 oz.
1 cube butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients, mixing well. To bake, spray  12 x 17 cookie sheet, place a piece of parchment paper on top leaving plenty of extra paper up the sides (I use a paper 2x the size of the pan). The oil will help the parchment paper stick to the pan, than lightly spray the parchment paper. Spread about 1/3 of the batter across the paper. It will look like you don't have enough batter but, just like a cake the batter will rise and spread out. Bake at 375* for 13 - 15 minutes, remove from oven and lift the cake off the pan with the paper still intact. Roll the cake and paper together, starting with the longest end. Cool the cake completely. Unroll and carefully remove the paper. Add filling and re-roll, put it back on the baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment