I love to cook! I love being in the kitchen. All of these recipes have been in my kitchen. There is nothing on here that my family and I haven't already tried. I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing with you all!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Green Grotto Salad

I found this recipe while I was flipping through "Reminisce" magazine. The recipe is from 1949, and while I can't say that I will be making this for my family any time soon, it's still fun to see these "vintage" recipes. Ann Page Foods is based on the east coast.   From 1927 through 1975, it was the dominant food retailer in the nation (until 1965, the largest US retailer of any kind). The Wall Street Journal, in an editorial on December 10, 2010, said that "A&P was as well known as McDonald's or Google is today" and that A&P was "Wal*Mart before Wal*Mart." [8] (taken from wikipedia.com)

1 pkg. Ann Page Sparkle Gelatin Dessert, Lime Flavor
1 3/4 c. boiling water
Dash of salt
3 Tbsp. Ann Page Vinegar
1 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped Ann Page Stuffed Olives
1c. chopped cucumber
1 can tuna fish, flaked 7 oz.
3/4 c. Ann Page Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
Lettuce

Pour boiling water onto lime gelatin. Add salt, vinegar, chopped celery and chopped olives. Pour half into mold. Chill until firm. To remaining gelatin stir in chopped cucumber, tuna fish, and mayonnaise; pour onto firm gelatin in mold. Chill until firm. Unmold on salad greens. Serve with Ann Page Salad Dressing or Mayonnaise. Serves 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment